Here are the latest news and updates for the Third Sector Forum from Voluntary Action East Renfrewshire
- The next meeting of the TSF will take place at 2pm on Wednesday 19th May at undercover, 56 Kelburn Street, Barrhead. The topic is the Supplier Development Programme which builds awareness, and provides information, education and training on public procurement and contract opportunities.
- The Third Sector Forum met on 22nd April. Danny Cunning of ACAS gave a presentation on the Equality Bill 2009. A recording of Danny’s presentation will be available later this week via the TSF website.
- The results of the Scottish Government's recent consultation on Options for the Implementation of the Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) are available at http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2010/03/31095528/0
- Voluntary Power Consultation Paper – a think tank has argued that a major transfer of power from government to voluntary organisations will lead to better public services in Scotland. Their consultation document is available at http://www.reformscotland.com/include/publications/Voluntary_Power_-_consultation_document.pdf
- Adult Support and Protection Awareness Training at Eastwood House, Giffnock – June 2nd and August 17th 2010. Flyer attached.
- The Scottish Government have published their latest progress report on the implementation of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme – available at http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/People/Young-People/children-families/pvglegislation/News
- The Road to a Living Wage Scotland – Free event from the Scottish Living Wage campaign. Glasgow, May 27th 2010. Booking form attached.
- Third Sector Forum updates can be now be found on the TSF pages of the Voluntary Action East Renfrewshire website at http://www.va-er.org.uk/tsf-latest-news