Here are the latest news and updates for the Third Sector Forum from Voluntary Action East Renfrewshire
- The next meeting of the TSF takes the form of a free event for local arts and crafts groups in East Renfrewshire to learn how to encourage more people to take part in their activities.
Taking place at underCOVER in Barrhead on Wednesday 24th February, Make a Splash! is a new venture designed to help voluntary cultural groups attract more people to participate in the arts and crafts. The information and training event is backed by a small funding programme. So people can apply for between £250 - £2,000 to try a new way to get people involved – or plug a gap in their area with the art or craft form they love.
Make a Splash! is run by Voluntary Arts Scotland and is part of ‘People Making Waves’, a major new project co-ordinated by Volunteer Development Scotland to celebrate the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012.
Make a Splash! will run in conjunction with A Scottish Wave of Change, led by writer and commentator Gerry Hassan. Also part of People Making Waves, this interesting discussion event will explore the potential of Scotland’s people through stories, creativity and hope inspired by the Olympic and Paralympic values.
Make a Splash! and A Scottish Wave of Change will take place at underCOVER, 56 Kelburn Street, Barrhead on Wednesday 24th February. Make a Splash! will run twice, from 1.30-3.30pm and 6.30-8.30pm, with a free buffet available 30 minutes beforehand. A Scottish Wave of Change takes place from 4-6pm.
- At the TSF meeting on January 21st, Suzanne Tyrell of East Renfrewshire Council gave a talk on LEADER funding. If you were unable to attend, or would like to see the presentation again you can view a recording and download the slides.
The meeting discussed the formation of the Core Group, the first meeting of which will take place in early February. There was also discussion of the draft protocol for the Third Sector Forum. The protocol will be amended following the feedback at the meeting, and issued to all TSF members.
- The latest Progress Update Newsletter on the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG Scheme) has been published by the Scottish Government. Its purpose is to keep you up to date with progress and plans in the run up to the PVG Scheme going live at the end of 2010. The newsletter can be found at http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/People/Young-People/children-families/pvglegislation/News/Jan2010
- Glasgow Anti Racist Alliance (GARA) Scottish Community Research Conference, 24th February 2010. Flyer, booking form, and call for submissions attached.
- E.On Sustainable Energy Fund – this fund offers grants of up to £20,000 to community groups and not-for-profit organisations who want to implement sustainable energy projects in their buildings. The organisation must be benefitting at least one of the following groups - education, vulnerable people and /or people in fuel poverty. The maximum grant is 90% of total costs and there are a number of other requirements which are listed on their website.
Applications are assessed twice a year and the next deadline is April 2nd, 2010. Further information and an application form can be obtained from the E.ON website
- Third Sector Forum updates can be now be found on the TSF pages of the Voluntary Action East Renfrewshire website at http://www.va-er.org.uk/tsf-latest-news